European Strongman Championship and
European Strongwoman Championship
Date: October 13-15, 2023
The Magic Box – Cmo. de Perales, 23.
08:00 – 08:45 – Weighing women under 60 kg; 60-75 kg; over 75 kg;
08:00 – 08:45 – Weighing men under 80 kg;
08:45 – 08:55 – Credentials committee, technical meeting with judges;
09:00 – Women’s competition under 60 kg, 60-75 kg and over 75 kg;
13:00 – Women’s award ceremony under 60 kg, 60-75 kg and over 75 kg;
13:30 – Men’s competition under 80 kg;
16:30 – Men’s award ceremony under 80 kg;
17:00 – Invastrong;
18:30 – Invastrong award ceremony.
08:00-09:00 – Weighing men 80-95 kg; 95-110kg; over 110 kg;
09:00-09:15 – Credentials committee, technical meeting with judge;
09:30 – Men’s competition 80-95 kg;
12:30 – Men’s award ceremony 80-95 kg;
12:45 – Men’s competition 95-110 kg;
15:45 – Men’s award ceremony 95-110 kg;
16:00 – Men’s competition over 110 kg;
19:30 – Men’s award ceremony over 110 kg.
08:00-10:00 – Credentials committee for
participants of competitions: Truck Championship, Maximum Log Lift;
10:15 – Maximum Log Lift competition;
12:00 – Award ceremony;
12:15 – World Adaptive Record;
12:45– Truck Championship competition;
14:30 – Award ceremony.
EXERCISES OF THE EUROPEAN STRONGWOMAN CHAMPIONSHIP
Under 60 kg
Over 75 kg
2/50 kg for 40 m
2/60 kg for 40 m
2/70 kg for 40 m
Axle Press for reps
30/45 kg in 60 sec
40/55 kg in 60 sec
50/65 kg in 60 sec
30/45 kg for 40 м.
40/55 kg for 40 m
50/65 kg for 40 m
20/28 kg in 60 sec
25/35 kg in 60 sec
30/40 kg in 60 sec
Axle Deadlift for reps
80/100 kg in 60 sec
90/110 kg in 60 sec
100/120 kg in 60 sec
* The first weight is for amateur athletes. The athlete can apply for one of the weights, but the attempt to perform in the competition is given only once. The athlete can choose only one weight. In case of an unsuccessful attempt, the result will be recorded in the protocol as a final! Preference is given to a larger weight for scoring.
The projectiles are located behind the starting line. The athlete is near the projectile, his hand is above the sack. At the referee’s signal, the athlete takes the sack and covers a distance of 20 m, bringing the sack completely over the finish line, returns to the start and performs the task as many times as there are shells at the starting position.
The athlete who completes the given distance in the shortest time wins.
The use of glue is as follows.
The finish is considered to be carrying two sacks over the finish line, as well as crossing the finish line with the athlete’s whole body. If the athlete did not cope with the task within the allotted time limit, the judges measure the distance covered.
Axle Press for reps
The apparatus is on the floor. The athlete approaches the loaded apparatus. At the judge’s signal, he lifts it off the floor, fixing over his head (1 sec). Elbows and knees should be straight, feet in line. After the judge’s command, the athlete returns the apparatus to its original position.
When lowering the apparatus do not accompany it to the knee level.
In case of injuries of the elbow joints and the impossibility of their full extension, the athlete must notify the judge before entering the court.
Apparatuses are behind the starting line. At the judge’s signal, the athlete lifts his suitcases and covers 2 x 20 meters, bypassing the chips.
Using straps is not allowed.
Stopovers are allowed numerous times.
The finish is considered to be carrying two bags over the finish line, as well as crossing the finish line with the athlete’s whole body.
The apparatus is on the floor. The athlete approaches the loaded apparatus. At the judge’s signal, he lifts it off the floor to the shoulder, then fixes it over his head on a straightened arm (1 sec). Elbows and knees should be straight, feet in line. After the judge’s command, the athlete returns the apparatus to its original position.
Lift with both hands from the shoulder.
Hold or assist in lifting with a belt. Throwing the apparatus not on a special pillow for the 1st time athlete will receive the warning; for the 2nd time – the repetition will not count.
The judge can move around the athlete in order to be in the athlete’s field of view.
The athlete must lower the dumbbell below knee level before each repetition, but it is not necessary to put the apparatus on the floor.
The athlete can lift the dumbbell with both hands on the shoulder, but from the shoulder only with one hand.
Axle Deadlift for reps
The apparatus is on the floor. The athlete approaches the loaded apparatus. At the judge’s signal, he lifts it off the floor, by straightening to fully extend the torso and knees, bringing the shoulders back.
The use of straps, tacky glue, suit.
To accompany/ hold the apparatus in the hands when lowering to knee level is necessary.
STRONGWOMAN under 60 kg; 60 – 75 kg; over 75 kg:
І place – 500 USD, cup, medal and diploma
II place – 300 USD, medal and diploma
III place – 200 USD, medal and diploma
1EACH PARTICIPANT RECEIVES:
- Festival admission wristband for 1 day,
- Personalized T-shirt from festival organizers,
- Promotional products from our partners.
Participants are allowed to have branded clothes by their own partners (shorts, a belt, a cap, socks). The participant must wear a T-short provided by the organizers when performing the exercise. During the warm-up participants can wear any kind of clothes.
At the opening and awarding ceremony, athletes are allowed ONLY with the flags of the countries they represent!!!
- 1. Each competitor is given one attempt at each exercise. Exceptions are set out in the relevant sections of these rules. The athlete who scored the highest amount of points becomes the winner in his weight category. Other participants are classified according to the collected amount. If two participants show the same result in the sum of points, the athlete with the greater number of victories has the advantage. To determine places in exercises, points will be calculated as follows (example for 8 participants):
1st place – 8 points;
2nd place – 7 points;
3rd place – 6 points;
4th place – 5 points;
5th place – 4 points;
6th place – 3 points;
7th place – 2 points;
8th place – 1 point.
In the case when the athlete did not complete the task in any exercise, no points are awarded. In case of a tie in the exercises, the points of the participants are divided equally. If it is necessary to determine places in the overall standings, places will be determined according to one of the following principles:
- a) according to the majority of first places;
- b) according to the majority of second places and so on;
- c) if all the indicators of the performed exercises are identical, then the victory is given to the athlete with the lightest weight (re-weighing is done before awarding).
Before the start of the competition, a blind draw will be held to determine the starting order of the competitors for the first exercise. After that, unless otherwise stated, the order of exit of athletes in the next exercise will be reversed, according to the results of the previous exercise, that is, the athlete who showed the worst result in the previous exercise will go first and vice versa. In paired exercises, the participants go in the same reverse order of the occupied place in the previous exercise, i.e.: 8 and 7, 6 and 5, 4 and 3, 2 and 1. Before the last exercise, the participants go in the same reverse order, but according to the sum of the points scored in all previous exercises. That is, the participant with the least number of points comes first and vice versa.
If the athletes demonstrated the same results in the exercise (the same fixed weight, the same number of lifts, etc.), the sum of points is added and divided by the number of identical results (arithmetic average), accordingly, places are distributed according to the principle of average values (for example, 1-3; 5-8; 3-4).
- 2. Only an athlete is allowed on the site. The coach or representative is to be in the athletes’ zone. In case of non-compliance with this point, the result of the athlete will be canceled.
- 3. Athletes come out in turn of the announcement and occupy the corresponding lane, that is, the athlete who was called first – occupies lane № 1; the athlete who was called next – lane № 2, etc.
- 4. The athlete must make sure that the equipment is in good condition before the judge’s start signal, in case of malfunction, inform the judge and assistants. After the start signal, judges and assistants have no right to help the athlete in case of any malfunctions of the equipment or to help set the projectiles in the starting position – until the end of the time limit, this is the area of responsibility of the athlete. The judges record the athlete’s actual result. In case of a malfunction of the equipment, which was discovered by the athlete before the start of the exercise, the athlete has the right to skip his turn once during the competition and perform in the next pair after eliminating the defect.
- 5. Athletes must be fully prepared (belt fastened, laced, wrapped bandages and wristbands, etc.) for the competition before being called to the site. If the head judge sees that there is already at least one athlete who is ready to perform the exercise, he gives the signal to start the performance without waiting for the readiness of the rest of the athletes on the site. The readiness of the athletes before going out is monitored by the judge next to the participants, naming the next participants in advance.
- 6. “Sliding” of projectiles on the track is prohibited during distance exercises. For each “slip” of more than 0.5 m, the athlete is fined 5 seconds to his exercise time. If the judge notices a slight touching of the track with the projectile, he gives a warning to the athlete, in case of repeated even a slight touching – a penalty of 5 seconds is given.
- 7. During the competition, the athlete has the right to one video viewing of a disputed refereeing issue, if it is technically possible. Video viewing and clarification of a disputed issue cannot last more than 5 minutes (the chief judge monitors this). In order to objectively resolve the dispute, a council of judges is assembled, who make a decision based on the number of votes. The video review is carried out before the start of the next exercise, exclusively by the panel of judges without the involvement of the athlete or his representative.
8. The judge’s decision is final and is not a subject to discussion, except in the case of item 15.
- 9. The weight of the projectiles can be changed before the end of the warm-up (3 minutes before the start of the exercise).
- 10. 7 minutes are given for a warm-up after each previous exercise. After the assistants have installed the equipment for the warm-up, the head judge will mark 7 minutes for the warm-up. Immediately after the end of the warm-up, the assistants set the equipment to the starting position. Assistants do not help athletes set weights during the warm-up.
- 11. Athletes must adhere to the norms of behaviour, not use dirty swear words and offensive gestures. Athletes are obliged to treat everyone present at the competition with respect. For the first manifestation of improper behaviour, the athlete is given a warning, for the second manifestation, the athlete is removed from the competition, and his result is nullified. All athletes are obliged to participate in the opening and awarding ceremony. If the athlete does not attend the awarding ceremony (for improper reasons), his result will be nullified!